Balance House Trainings
Becoming an Attachment Family Therapist
For clinicians desiring to learn how to be an attachment therapist with a focus on residential and wilderness therapy programs.
Brief Curriculum Overview:
1) Big Picture: Attachment Theory and Research
2) Strategy: Leveraging Interpersonal Neurobiology to increase treatment success
3) Interventions: Engaging, Supporting and Increasing Attachment Security in Client Systems
4) Practice: R.E.A.L. Rich, Emotional, Authentic Learning
Jim Thomas, LMFT, Internationally Renowned Trainer
Catie Cartisano, MSW, LCSW, LSUDC
Nan Michaelis, MSW, LCSW
3 day (24 CEU accreditation pending) $1,200
Group capped at 24
Being an Attachment Therapist Advanced Training
Presented By Balance House
November 6-8, 2023
For clinicians desiring to deepen their practice as an attachment family therapist with a focus on residential and wilderness therapy programs working with mental health, trauma and addiction clients.
This program provides a comprehensive overview of attachment theory and its application in family therapy. Participants will develop a strong understanding of the research behind attachment theory and its relevance to working with families. They will explore how attachment patterns impact family dynamics and individual well-being, and learn how to apply this knowledge in therapeutic interventions by doing role play scenarios.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Explain attachment theory in addiction practice
- Work with underlying attachment needs of each family member
- Go from content to process, from pathology to attachment needs
- Understand therapists own attachment styles in therapeutic work
- Foster intra-subjective experiences to deepen connections
- Jim Thomas is an internationally renowned trainer and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. He is a former Board Member, AAMFT, Approved Supervisor and Clinical Fellow. Jim is Director Emeritus, Denver Family Institute, and President of the Colorado Center for E.F.T. and an I.C.E.E.F.T. Certified E.F.T. Trainer (and 31 + years sober).
- Catie Cartisano, MSW, LCSW, LSUDC
- Nan Michaelis, MSW, LCSW
Registration closes on October 1, 2023. Click here to register
3 day (24 NBCCE CEs) $1,500
Group capped at 18
If you need special accommodations or have questions, please contact us.
716 E 4500 S ste S260
Murray, UT 84107
Is It Time for an Intervention?
If you have questions, we have answers. Our team of addiction professionals is standing by to help you. Dial (801) 851-5260.